Thursday, September 16, 2010

From The Beginning......

Two years ago I was healthy, active, and full of life....I was a full-time realtor and my career was just starting to bloom. While sitting in my office, I received a disturbing phone call and was told my oldest brother had been murdered. Without thinking I wanted to get to the scene, I was for sure that someone had made a horrible mistake, but sadly...that wasn't the case. At that point my siblings and I was forced to make decisions that a person shouldn't ever have to make for there brothers and sisters. I am 33yrs old and I'm blessed to have both of my parents alive. And having to bury my brother before his time was simply unbearable. As I stated before, I was a gym rat...I would workout 6 days a week for hours at a time. Once the devastating loss of my brother occured, my body began to deteriorate. Suddenly I couldn't do the things I use to do, I couldn't wear the shoes I use to wear, hell...I couldn't even hold my own head up. I went from doctor, to doctor, being told...I just had spams...it would heal. It had gotten so bad I probably could opened my own pharmacy. After firing several doctors I finally found one who would listen to me. First I had to get surgery where two disc were removed out of my neck...and with my luck, that didn't fix the problem. So I began surfing the net and simply asked google"What causes chronic muscle spasms" that led me to a disorder called Fibromyalgia. Needless to say after two years of chronic pain all day...everyday, I finally found what my problem was and also figured out that it was brought on from stress. When my brother passed I didn't want to go to work, I stopped working out, and my business suffered...not to mention my relationships, both personal ans social. During my down time I had decided to enroll into college as well as write a book of my life trails and tribulations. Although I still have a long life ahead of me...the moral of my story is to never give up...and never let anyone tell you something that you simply don't agree with...especially when it has something to do with your life or the life of your loved ones. My goal is to fulfill my dreams and some of my brothers since he no longer can. I started this blog in the effort to create a following as well as learn from other fellow writers and hear their stories....I hope that you've enjoyed my post and will continue to see what else I'll have in store!

5 comments:

  1. Tash - Your story was very moving to me. Partly because you are a dear friend of mine and I don't ever want you to suffer. The other part is because I too also experienced the death of a brother before his time (19 years old- died on my lil brothers birthday -- and one week before I graduated from high school-- hard times), countless doctor visits due to pain, 4 surgeries in my life time, and Fibromyalgia brought on by __ ba da ding-- STRESS!!! Stress is a slow killer. Something that should be avoided at all cost.

    I took a lot of medication too. I want to encourage you because I no longer take medication for it. Its been about 2 years now and I feel good in regards to the symptoms. The only thing I changed was my thought process.. I deliberately think of what makes me happy each moment of each day. Living for now has changed my life. I am going through the biggest life change of my life right now and I know I wouldn't have made it this far if I didn't live for the NOW. I'm not worried about what the future holds--- :)

    I encourage you to continue writing -- its so therapeutic, isn't it? :) You are going to bless so many people- :)

    With Best regards and love----

    Love you -

    Dacia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe....thanks sweetheart,this has been a longtime dream of mine...and there's no time like the present to get started ~ love you more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness, my goodness! Powerful post, I can't wait to read more, and I can't wait to read your book! Keep blogging mama! We are going to sit at a table one day talking about how our blog opened many many doors for us! I see nothing but greatness in your future!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i love this..i can't wait for the book..the blog is like a book i can't put down i want more lol..love ya Tash

    ReplyDelete